La Faccia Luna is housed in a former bank built in the 19th century. It is imaginatively and tastefully decorated, with a two story atrium, tables in the balcony and booths and a bar on the first floor. It has understated lighting, and avant garde photos on the walls. A great place, well done.
The main attraction is the pizza, but there are a number of other Italian attractions on the menu. Spaghetti and meatballs are not on the menu, but they do offer homemade meatballs with angelhair and their special Napolitan sauce. I opted to substitute fettucine for the angel hair. The pasta was pretty good, but the sauce was outstanding. I’m not sure what went into it, but it had a real spicy bite. The meatballs were another treat. Advertised as homemade, they were tightly packed and very meaty – the way I like them. The salad was just three types of lettuce and crotons – minimalistically great. The price = $11.95 for the pasta, $4.75 for the Chianti for a total of $16.70.
Style/ambience ****
Food ****
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment