Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dante’s, Main St., Dickson City, PA

Dante’s is located in a mall just off Main St in Dickson City, stuck between a Dollar Store and a tanning salon –or was it a nail salon? It seems to feature pizza, but has about a dozen booths and tables. It is definitely a strip-mall kind of place, with TV blaring and carnival-type machines ready to take your coins and give you a furry animal, if you can get it out with those tongs. The spaghetti came in a goodly portion and was perfectly cooked. It was nice and firm - not soggy and not sticky - but just right. The sauce was a meat sauce, I think, with lots of taste. It was orange rather than red, and had little flecks – I noted some bits of olive, and I’m sure some meat. I can’t remember another bowl of spaghetti where I kept wanting to come back for another forkful. When I finally got around to the meatballs, they were just as good. They were nice and firm, tasty, evenly cooked – and just comfortable to eat. The salad, on the other hand, was strange – it came in what appeared to be a cereal bowl which was too small for all that was in it. It was filled with olive slices, carrots, red onion, lettuce, tomatoes. I added my own oil and vinegar. The bread was oddly sliced, French style, and a bit crumbly – not stale or hard, and reasonably tasty. The waitress paused a little at the request for Chianti, even though it was on the menu. I think it is more of a beer place. But it was fine, and the price was a bargain - $7.95, plus $3.50 for the wine.
Style/ambience *
Food ***

No comments:

Post a Comment